Beba’s spaying and microchip went well – no stitches (I guess they used medical glue now) and she seems fine. But the pre-anethesia blood panel showed a couple unusual readings for liver tests. One is easily explained (I mentally checked out during the explanation). The other is not. I didn’t ask questions. I don’t know what it could mean. I just know we go for retest is about a month.
The rest of the kitties LOVED having open-door day… back to the old days of free in/out access while Beba was at the vet.
Boo was a barf-0-matic yesterday morn. Three large piles of undigested food. As near as I can tell, she ate too much and barfed, came back inside and ate too much and barfed… then repeated a 3rd time (bonus point: all barfing took place out back instead of her usual choice of my pillows). So far, she seems otherwise well and I still think she’s is “Moshi” mode, eating too much/fast after spending the day outside. But I’m keeping an eye out for health issues.
Odd fact: Boo has not shown a single symptom of arthritis since she was irradiated.
I’ve accomplished about half of my “vacation” todo list:
- completed Beba’s vaccinations
- got Beba spayed and microchipped
- cleaned all the crap out of the car
- replaced the car seat heater
- got the cell phone-to-radio station broadcast thingie to mostly work (ideal setup requires a span of several unused radio stations in a row but around here literally ever other station is in use)
- got items t charity (a bunch of size 14 clothing with tags still on – went to the women’s shelter; bunch o’ unknown crap (boxed long ago) went to Goodwill)
- moved the a/c unit to the garage (it’s stupid heavy – I couldn’t get it back in the box; really hope the garage doesn’t flood this winter… or ever)
- trimmed some overgrowth in the backyard
- built the garden cart (really easy but now I have several GIANT boxes to go in the weekly trash [they won’t fit])
- arranged trash pick up of some furniture (hoped for pickup tomorrow, when I’d have plenty of time to drag it out of the house, but it will be next week… not sure where to stash the sofa till then as I’d really like it out of the room today)
- paid property taxes (both installments!)
- laundry (including bed linens, which is a miracle because Espressa hardly ever leaves the bed)
- re-inflated the car tires
I love-love-love the portable tire pump!! It was sooo easy to use: pre-set the target psi, connect to tire stem (easy screw on), turn on the unit and wait – it auto shuts off. Soo nice not to fight the stupid long dirty hose at the gas station! My tires are supposed to be 51 psi. They were 34, 35, 32 and 24. TWENTY-FOUR! And I was right, no more weird speed-related sound while driving.
I realllllly need to shave Espressa but I’m chicken-shit to try it.
I’m waiting on delivery of my new tv from Amazon [ARRIVED at 12:25p… it’s HUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE… like stupid-huge!]. Setting that up and lots of re-org are today’s todo goals: reorg purses, bathroom, makeup, closet, backroom. I’m debating about when to get the car detailed (“express detail”, $40). We might get light rain this week (tonight, tomorrow, Sat) but I don’t really care about that – it’s the interior that I want cleaned. This one particular place in town does an AWESOME job.
I don’t know if I’m going to bother to get any Thanksgiving-themed food for the week. Trader Joe’s is the best option for groceries (they have some nice pre-packaged options) but I don’t feel like dealing with the place. A restaurant sounds like a waste of money… expensive and dressy and ugh.
and on that note – I guess it’s time to start re-org-ing.